August 4, 2020
Due to force majeure, on March 26, 2020, the Board of Directors had unanimously decided to postpone the AGM until the fall.
The 2020 Annual General Meeting will be held online on Saturday, October 3, 2020 at 1:00 p.m.
The meeting will be called to order at 12:00 p.m. so that the Returning Officer can accept nominations until 12:50 p.m. for positions for which there are either no candidates, or only one candidate. The meeting proper will convene at 1:00 p.m.
This pandemic has offered us unprecedented opportunities for innovation. With the AGM being held entirely online this year, we elected to hire the services of GetQuorum, a company that specializes in virtual AGM services.
GetQuorum will send the AGM email event notice(s) and documents to the email address where you receive ATIO’s weekly updates. Please ensure this email address is in your list of allowed emails so you do not miss anything: [email protected].
Because of the use of this service, the ATIO Board of Directors passed resolutions that allow some of the mandatory AGM notices to be sent outside of the by-law mandated schedule. Please note that some procedures will change, and voting will be done using the GetQuorum platform.
Please find below links to the documents concerning the 2020 Annual General Meeting, which will be held online.
To register: Click on the link provided in the email from [email protected]
Notice of Annual General Meeting (Proposed Agenda)
Call for Nominations
2020 Elections – Notice of Nomination form
2019 Audited Financial Statements
Approval 2020 Budget
Proposed By-law amendments
Draft of the Minutes of the AGM of the ATIO, April 27, 2019
ATIO AGM 2019 President and Directors’ Reports
PROXY: Not able to attend the meeting?
If making use of a proxy because you are unable to attend: The proxy form will be sent on September 24, 2020 from [email protected]. Proxy registration will close on September 30, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EDT. No proxies will be accepted after that date.
- The GetQuorum system is not bilingual.
- ATIO will provide content in both official languages.
- ATIO Staff are not processing AGM registrations: AGM registrations must be completed through the registration link provided by GetQuorum. Let us know if you do not receive the email after you check your email system.
- You must install either the Zoom software on your computer or the Zoom application on your mobile device if you wish to vote.
- Access to the online AGM: Registrants will be emailed a unique meeting link that will allow them to be properly identified during the meeting. Certified members can only participate in motions and voting if they are using the Zoom software or the Zoom application.
- Keep the meeting URL private: Registrants should not share their meeting link with anyone.
- Voting: Only registered certified members will receive the emails which will allow them to vote during the meeting.
- Important note about voting: Those who choose to call into the meeting will not be able to vote. In order to vote, certified members must join the meeting using the Zoom link provided.
- Technical support: GetQuorum will begin the meeting with instructions on how to use the various components in Zoom and provide technical support should anyone experience a challenge during the meeting.
The ATIO Board of Directors passed two resolutions on July 25, 2020 as follows:
- The proxy registration form will be sent out on September 24 in order to allow time to gather the information upon which proxies are allowed to vote. There are many details to finalize, and all certified members have a right to vote either with a general proxy, or a specific proxy. If you cannot attend the AGM, please watch your email for the proxy registration.
- The deadline for submission of a proxy is three days prior to the annual general meeting. The deadline is set at 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, September 30, 2020. This allows the service provider, the board, and the staff to properly prepare for the AGM on Saturday.
As always, using a computerized system has its benefits and its challenges; ATIO is adapting to the virtual world for you to have the best experience that we are able to provide.
Please direct inquiries to [email protected].