Call to ATIO Certified Members! You are invited to join ATIO’s Discipline Committee
According to the By-laws of the Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario (ATIO), the Discipline Committee is a standing committee.
Taken from the By-laws, Appendix 2:
- The Committee shall be composed of five members appointed by the Board of Directors of the Association for a term of two years, provided that two of the members of the Committee first appointed shall have terms of one year so as to stagger the terms of office of members of the Committee.
- Committee members shall be certified members of the Association. Insofar as possible, they shall represent the Association’s various professions. Except as stipulated in Article 7, they shall not be members of the Board.
While Appendix 2 allows the Board of Directors to appoint members to the Discipline Committee, the Board is giving you an opportunity to volunteer.
Applicants must be:
- Certified members of the Association and their membership in good standing
- A representative of one or more of each of the Association’s six professions
- Willing to commit to the committee for at least two years
Applications are particularly welcome from members with the following qualifications:
- evaluation and management experience;
- experience on other boards, particularly non-profit organizations.
Applications should be sent by e-mail to Marie Douville, Operations and Business Development Coordinator, at email@example.com and clearly indicate in the subject line “Application for a seat on ATIO’s Discipline Committee”.
Thank you for giving this invitation your consideration.
Pency Tsai, C. Comm. Int.