ATIO Secretariat, Ottawa – Office Manager
The Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario (ATIO) is the professional association representing and certifying translators, interpreters, and terminologists in the province of Ontario. It supports and protects the collective status, dignity, and integrity of the language professions. ATIO ensures that the public at large is well served. With 900 members, through its professional standards and certification examination, it guarantees that its members’ clients and the public receive superior quality work.
The Office Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the ATIO office under the supervision of the President or their designate.
- Supervises the office staff to build a cohesive and efficient team
- Presides over regular biweekly staff meetings
- Maintains professional and effective communication with stakeholders and the general public, including queries and correspondence
- Leads the planning and organization of the Association’s meetings, events and annual general meeting
- Manages the office records including the membership registry
- Supervises the accounting process
- Supervises and assists with the certification processes, where applicable
- Manages the complaints process
- Suggests, develops and executes practical association development strategies
- Suggests improvements to office protocols, where applicable
- Performs other administrative duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
- Compiles and implements operational procedures
Fluency in French and English (oral and written) is required
- College diploma or university degree preferably in administration or equivalent experience
- Organization, time management, problem solving/resolution, and decision-making skills
- At least five years of administrative and office management experience
- Be a team player in a leadership role
- Able to work proactively and under minimal supervision
- Result-oriented with strong work ethics
- Strong bilingual (EN and FR) verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a non-profit organization is an asset
- Experience in a translation environment preferred but not essential
- Closing Date: Friday, April 15, 2022 at 4:00 pm
- Pay Range: $50,000-$55,000 per annum
- Hours: 40 per week
- Time: Monday – Friday 9:00 AM-5:00 PM (Flexible)
- Type: Contract – 1 Year
- Location: The ATIO Secretariat located in Ottawa, Ontario (Hybrid: In-person/Remote)
Applications and cover letters should be addressed to Pency Tsai, the President of ATIO, at the following address: email@example.com. The deadline for submissions is Friday, April 15, 2022, at 4:00 p.m.
For reference, please include the job title in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please.
ATIO is the oldest organization of translators, conference interpreters, court interpreters, terminologists, community interpreters and medical interpreters in the world. The Association was founded in 1920 as the Association technologique de langue française d’Ottawa, and incorporated the following year under Ontario Letters Patent. In 1962 the Association adopted its current name. Over the past 100 years, ATIO has developed into the first translators’ association in the world whose certified members are deemed professionals by law. In February 1989 the Province of Ontario granted reserved title for certified members of ATIO through the Association of Translators and Interpreters Act, 1989. As the only Certification body in the province of Ontario for translators, community interpreters, court interpreters, conference interpreters and terminologists, ATIO seeks to promote a high level of competence in translation, terminology and interpretation.