ATIO Secretariat, Ottawa – Member Relations Coordinator
The Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario (ATIO) is the professional association representing and certifying translators, interpreters, and terminologists in the province of Ontario. It supports and protects the collective status, dignity, and integrity of the language professions. ATIO ensures that the public at large is well served. With 900 members, through its professional standards and certification examination, it guarantees that its members’ clients and the public receive superior quality work.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Member Relations Coordinator is responsible for duties relating to ATIO member service activities. This position requires tactful relational abilities to serve a diverse and highly qualified membership. The position manages the registration process and the administration of applications for membership, the certification examination, and other ATIO programs. The position supports ATIO’s events that may be held in different cities (Ottawa or Toronto, for example) and on evenings and weekends.
The position ensures administration of duties related to ATIO professionals by:
- Reviewing applications for correct requirements
- Preparing documents for and managing annual membership renewal
- Maintaining the ATIO registry of professionals
- Assisting with examinations for admission and certification
- Reporting exam results and processing membership status transitions
- Responding to requests and complaints from members and the public
Fluency in French and English (oral and written) is required
- University degree or college diploma in Administration, language professions or combination of administration experience and college diploma
- Three (3) years of office administration or other relevant experience
- Experience working in the language professions, or with translators, interpreters or terminologists.
- Demonstrated experience dealing tactfully with highly sensitive and confidential matters
- Experience coordinating multiple projects and time-sensitive priorities
- Experience serving as the first point of contact, screening inquiries, and proactively coordinating complex schedules
- Experience independently drafting correspondence, emails, and reports
- Experience reviewing existing processes and making recommendations for improvement and implementation
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite, survey tools and newsletter applications (experience with WordPress an asset)
- Professional demeanor with a strong customer service orientation and effective interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, superior attention to detail and the ability to concisely summarize information of a complex nature
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to deal effectively with multiple priorities and projects with conflicting deadlines
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities and interruptions, and the ability to anticipate the needs of the association and membership, and flag questions or opportunities before issues arise
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, show initiative, and exercise diplomacy and good judgment, as well as the ability to work cooperatively and be an effective team member.
The ATIO Secretariat is located in Ottawa
Compensation range: $42,000 – $55,000.
Applications and cover letters should be addressed to Jean-Gilles Pelletier, the Executive Director of ATIO, at the following address:
The deadline for submissions is open.
For reference, please include the job title in the subject line of the email.
No phone calls please.