JOB POSTING FOR EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
What is ATIO?
Based in Ottawa, the Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario (ATIO) is a not for profit professional association. ATIO is the provincial regulatory body for translators and interpreters in Ontario, and is an affiliate member of the Canadian Translators, Terminologists and Interpreters Council (CTTIC).
In Canada, professional titles are granted and administered by provincial or territorial authorities such as ATIO. The Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario Act grants such reserved titles to members who are certified by our Association.
ATIO is governed by an elected volunteer Board of Directors.
The mission of the Association is to promote the interests of translators and interpreters; to serve the public by applying a Code of Ethics that all members are bound to comply with; and to set and maintain high professional standards through education and certification. The Association works in partnership with government, other organizations, the private sector and educational institutions.
ATIO is currently looking for an Executive Director
What is your role?
The Executive Director is responsible for the leadership and management of the organization according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors, including:
- Oversight and reporting related to the strategy
- Management of the office, including service delivery, financial accounting, records management, and compliance with statutory requirements
- Building effective partnerships with educational institutions, stakeholders, government agencies and other organizations, and
- Identifying revenue-generating opportunities needed to broaden the organization’s funding base.
- Working closely with a solid and dedicated team who knows what needs to be done, has processes and procedures in place, and operates well.
You’ll know you have achieved success when there is a high level of Board engagement, a highly rated annual conference, satisfied members and partners.
You’ll accomplish this by working with your Board of Directors, and a dedicated staff, to execute the work necessary to achieve the goals identified in the organization’s strategic directions.
You’ll thrive in this role if you are:
- Visionary –You can see opportunities for partnerships that accelerate the needs of all parties and can inspire others to act on these.
- Self-motivated – you are comfortable and excited being the leader who sets the pace to achieve significant progress and can work independently without needing a lot of direction.
- A strong communicator – you’re able to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders, keeping everyone on track and motivated by using your engaging and clear communication style.
- Organized – you can manage multiple competing priorities, and you have the tactical mind and skills to make complex plans a reality.
- Driven – you are passionate about our purpose, and dive in to make an impact. You have a track record of excellence and are motivated to succeed.
- Knowledgeable – you have a solid foundational understanding of governance and understand the needs of an association or non-profit body. You own your role and are a trusted source of information.
You should also have a strong background in association management. Whether you’ve worked in public relations, project management, or governance, it is essential that you understand the differences and opportunities in both the regulatory and association sectors.
- University degree in a relevant discipline
- Significant experience leading an organization and developing and executing strategic goals
- Strong knowledge of not-for-profit association management practices and trends
- Proven track record in a role that requires communicating with professionals, written and verbal
- Proven track record working with a volunteer Board of Directors
- Proven track record planning events for over 60 people
- Experience with non-profit organizations is an asset
- Bilingual French/English
How to Apply
Please e-mail your resume, along with a cover letter describing how your experience and skills satisfy the requirements outlined above, to [email protected] by September 5, 2019. For further information, please email [email protected]. No phone calls please.