|Branch/Section:||Communications, Political Action and Campaigns Branch / Language Services|
|Employment type:||Term up to twelve (12) months|
|Position linguistic designation:||Bilingual (English and French)|
|Position global linguistic level:||Second language CEFR level: C1|
|Salary:||$82,127 – $ 92,435 plus $1,486.43 bilingual allowance|
Reporting to the Language Services Supervisor, the translator is part of a dynamic team responsible for providing high-quality language services in French and English to the various sections of Canada’s largest federal public service union. We are looking for an experienced candidate to translate and adapt a wide range of sometimes highly technical material (releases, administrative reports, collective agreements, financial statements, ads, videos, online courses, etc.). The ideal candidate will have strong judgment, initiative, flexibility and interpersonal skills required to work in a team environment, prioritize work and meet tight deadlines.
Purpose of position
To translate a variety of documents from English to French mainly, but also from French to English.
- B.A. in translation and five years translation experience or equivalent studies and experience.
- Practical knowledge of the technical field of translation involving specialized, complex techniques and documented textbook concepts.
- Basic knowledge of trade union roles, objectives and activities.
- Some familiarity with labour relations terminology.
- Bilingual as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level indicated above
- Strong ability to resolve problems encountered during research, translation and revision.
- Ability to use translation tools and standard office software.
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- Understanding and commitment to trade union and equity principles.
A detailed job description is available at: psacunion.ca/jobs-psac.
Area of search – This competition is open to:
|Employees of PSAC, Components, and PSAC Holdings Ltd.||Members giving PSAC membership number||General public|
|Closing Date: April 17, 2020 at 3:30 p.m. (Eastern time)|
How to apply
Internal applicants should submit their résumé online through the intranet.
Indeterminate PSAC employees who meet all the qualifications of this position can request a transfer in accordance to the relevant collective agreement by sending a written request to the Human Resources Section on or before the closing date
Members of PSAC should provide their membership number in order to be considered in the membership level of the competition.
To apply online please visit: psacunion.ca/jobs-psac. Please submit your résumé stating how your knowledge, skills and abilities relate to the qualifications of the position.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For accommodation needs or to obtain a copy of the documents in alternate format, please email [email protected].
Please note that if you are found unqualified at any step of this competition (i.e. written exam, interview and/or exercise) you will need to wait 180 calendar days from the date of Human Resources’ written notification of being found unqualified before you will be screened-in to a competition for a similar position.