|Position title:||English to French Translator/Reviser|
|Employment type:||Permanent position with a one-year probation period|
|Work Location:||Telework until the end of October
Lévis or Montréal, depending on the candidate’s preference
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
As an English to French translator/reviser, you translate a wide variety of internal and external documents from English to French, including marketing materials, contracts, correspondence, business requirements, training materials and internal communications. Daily work will include a considerable amount of editing and proof-reading.
Daily work may also include editing, writing, inter-revision and providing guidance to internal clients.
- Translates, edits and proof-reads the organization’s documents, including many strategic documents that have a significant impact on the Desjardins brand and image
- Completes work as assigned by project manager(s) in line with productivity and quality targets
- Uses suitable terminology for the financial services and insurance sector
- Assures the quality of work done by internal colleagues and external suppliers
- Often supports and advises clients
- Carries out French terminology and linguistic research, to ensure linguistic consistency across the organization
- Helps develop work methods and tools, along with other specialists in the field. Conducts follow-ups and recommends improvements to work methods and procedures
- Develops and disseminates editing and translation standards and helps develop French versions and adaptations of slogans, signatures and themes created for Desjardins Group’s advertising and institutional communications
- Provides support to internal partners and external providers as needed. Helps develop the terminological lexicon and style guide used by the Linguistics team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Translation or in a related field
- A minimum of four years of a relevant experience in financial translation
- Solid proof-reading experience
- Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Have a professional certification (Canadian Editors’ Association, ATIO or OTTIAQ) (an asset))
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Excellent command of French and English (written and oral)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
- Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
- Ambiguity, Business insight, Collaborates, Decision quality, Interpersonal Savvy, Tech savvy
Other working conditions
Work location: Telework until the end of October. Lévis or Montréal, depending on the candidate’s preference
Permanent position with a one-year probation period
Please apply online at : https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5eecdc0f4530fae6f8715306/51fc022158b70066fae49fb7/en